The Gay and Queer in Kpop Thread - OH refugees and newcomers welcome!

sooat

Nugu
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭81,750
Pronouns
She/Her
So you think both purged?
kim kwon just follows whoever he wants, he doesn't seem to care, but byeon woo seok probably yes, like that person said, maybe his agency thought it would be better to avoid especulations about him, so he is just keeping his profile professional
I found a user on twitter who posted some pictures of him from 2014 on his insta

Last edited:

Sergel

Hallyuboo Early Supporters
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭67,585
I thought this was kind of funny. K.Will guested in Jaejoong’s YouTube show recently and around the 27-minute mark of the show they talked about how Seo In Guk is known as a “world gay” and K.will had to explain a bit why. Apparently JJ never saw the Please Don’t MV so they had him react to it lol.

K.will then talked about how he, Seo In Guk, and Ahn Jaehyun met again recently and were talking about the MV those 12 years ago.

It honestly makes me happy to see them all still talk about the MV positively and how all 4 of them in it still have great careers. Still waiting for more queer KPOP MVs but it was nice reminiscing.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,300
Pronouns
He/Him
kim kwon just follows whoever he wants, he doesn't seem to care, but byeon woo seok probably yes, like that person said, maybe his agency thought it would be better to avoid especulations about him, so he is just keeping his profile professional
I found a user on twitter who posted some pictures of him from 2014 on his insta
Ahhh. So you were listing who Wooseok follows, not Kim Kwon? Gotcha.

seokqlr

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,200
Pronouns
she/her
everyones been making "so gayyyy" jokes so its funny to know that they're aware of it also we know beomgyu lurks on korean gay twitter so it doesnt suprise me lol

theyre talking about this btw!

Sergel

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭67,585
I think Twitter needs to work in their Trend AI algorithm lol. The way I had to take a double take to see if this was real.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭183,550
Pronouns
He/Him
sorry it's allkpop but this sounded interesting

It's all phrased a little too vague for the most part to assume he's talking about a guy besides the fact that it's Jo Kwon lol but the part he said about trying to salvage the relationship by getting a travel visa back to back with how he wanted to marry the person does have an implication of being related.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,300
Pronouns
He/Him
Who are y'all's sleeper picks? The ones that don't really have receipts, but you think they're on the team anyway.

mimenet

chemical blue ocean Donor
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭183,550
Pronouns
He/Him
Who are y'all's sleeper picks? The ones that don't really have receipts, but you think they're on the team anyway.
TXT are popular enough that I'm sure they all have gay truthers but I feel like Kai is almost never mentioned but he's always pinged me since I started actually paying attention to them in 2021. With Beomgyu spouting gay memes and Soobin being the way he is I can see why he'd get overlooked but idk there's just something about him.

Loona's Hyunjin has long given me lesbian vibes. Chuuves and Hyeju just sort of soak up all the sapphic attention. There was a good few months there where I was semi-convinced she and Vivi were dating and I still wouldn't be that surprised. She also doesn't get mentioned much anymore but like, Go Won likes girls let's be real. A lot of latent sapphic energies coming out of TripleS but I'm not invested enough to place them. Jaden Jeong may have one of the finest gaydars in kpop.

Sergel

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭67,585
Has anyone read “Love in the Big City” by Sang Young Park? I finished it a couple weeks ago and then found out there’s a drama being made of it.

It’s a story about a gay man’s life in Seoul. It reads a bit like a memoir and a stream of consciousness but it is fictional. The author and translator are both openly gay, and it’s interesting to see certain details and similarities form actual gay Korean men. The love of divas and girl groups, details about attitudes and resistances to gender norms. It’s not happiest read (nothing terrible or violent. Just not super bright and happy).

I got it from my library through Libby so it’s worth checking if your library has it.

seokqlr

Lurker
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭7,200
Pronouns
she/her
TXT are popular enough that I'm sure they all have gay truthers but I feel like Kai is almost never mentioned but he's always pinged me since I started actually paying attention to them in 2021. With Beomgyu spouting gay memes and Soobin being the way he is I can see why he'd get overlooked but idk there's just something about him.

Loona's Hyunjin has long given me lesbian vibes. Chuuves and Hyeju just sort of soak up all the sapphic attention. There was a good few months there where I was semi-convinced she and Vivi were dating and I still wouldn't be that surprised. She also doesn't get mentioned much anymore but like, Go Won likes girls let's be real. A lot of latent sapphic energies coming out of TripleS but I'm not invested enough to place them. Jaden Jeong may have one of the finest gaydars in kpop.
yes i agree!!!!!!!
people never talk about kai for some reason, he always pinged me since the first time i saw txt and when i started getting into them a few years ago i was like why does no one ever talk about him lol
unfortunately with him having a 'cutesey' persona and being one of the more unpopular members he falls under the radar a lot, people just put his behaviour down to him being the maknae. him and soobin are the ones im most certain on in txt

RussianRoulette

Trainee User of the Month
Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭918,450
Pronouns
She/Her
yes i agree!!!!!!!
people never talk about kai for some reason, he always pinged me since the first time i saw txt and when i started getting into them a few years ago i was like why does no one ever talk about him lol
unfortunately with him having a 'cutesey' persona and being one of the more unpopular members he falls under the radar a lot, people just put his behaviour down to him being the maknae. him and soobin are the ones im most certain on in txt
TXT Kai was talked about often on OH. The general consensus on him there was that most people thought he was Ace.

I feel like an idol potentially being asexual/aromantic is pretty much never talked about (I guess cause it can be hard to prove?) but a lot of people seemed to agree Kai was ace on OH.

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭53,300
Pronouns
He/Him

I'm not into txt, but I always thought he was one of the members that pinged for people because he did for me. Haha

Reaction score
Plus Coins
⨭1,500
Pronouns
he/him
what are you guys' thoughts on fan service between group members? obviously there are some idols who do it a lot and others shy away from it. do u think idols who do it often and genuinely seem to be enjoying it could be gay or u think the other way around?

Top Bottom